Okay you we can do this the easy way or the hard way, you pick. For me I’ve done it both just depends on how much time I have. Like you would expect making them from scratch always tastes better and the preferred method. These are a big hit which ever way you pick. You can’t go wrong putting anything in a cupcake paper! I leave out the raisins for this one, sorry. Don’t worry if you can’t make them from scratch we all are doing the best we can right? Serve’em warm, I bet you can’t eat just one……………………………………………….
Easy way: Buy the cinnamon raw dough package at your local grocery store and off you go. I alway make my own glaze only because they never give you enough. Remove the dough and roll it up like the package instructions tell you only place vertical in the cupcake papers already in the muffin pans. Follow the same baking directions as the package calls out and just watch the rolls while baking. They do cook a little faster. Remove from the oven and cool to the touch, then drizzle with glaze recipe below.
Harder way ( or for the more adventurous types): Use the recipe below it takes about an hour.
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- In a small saucepan heat the milk until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- Blend 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt, in a mixing bowl. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Slowly add the remaining flour, stirring after each addition. Just as the dough has come together remove it and place on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened butter.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with butter/sugar mixture. . Roll up dough and cut into 12 equal size rolls and place vertical in the muffin pan lined with cupcake papers. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm with sugar glaze below.
Meanwhile, mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread or drizzle over slightly cooled rolls.